Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Am I Anti-Semitic?

Those who happen upon my support of Palestinians may be tempted to say I am anti-semitic.  

I am not.  

Both Palestinians and Israelis are semitic.  

Also, I am not anti-Jewish. Jews as a culture and as individuals are part of the formation of middle eastern and western cultures that enrich us all.  

It is Zionism, now as bad as supporters of apartheid and, by adding occupation and usurpation of Palestinian lands are, becoming Nazi-like.  

I feel I stand with that part of the Jewish and Christian populations in Israel that chose to resist their fellow Israeli citizens who have an inhumane ideology of nationalism that is tearing up the middle east.  

Perhaps the American "resistance" movement needs to consider its international implications and support Israeli anti-Zionism.  

Without reigning in the Zionist Likud and settlement militias, the middle east will be unstable and peace will never come to the Holy Land.

No comments: