Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What a blog world!

I wondered what my first post would be after I withdrew a longish thing on the Duke lacrosse players because I couldn't get the formatting right.

Tonight I was scrolling through www.crooksandliars.com as I try to do daily and came across some very well laid-out and carefully researched work by Cliff Schechter and a guy named Steve (SteveAudio) who also have blogspot sites like I now have.

I am not in their league!

If by chance you come upon this message in a bottle cast upon the waters of the blogosphere, I urge you to add the above to your "favorites" even if you never return here.

I read the local paper, watch the news on the local CBS affiliate, check in with PBS and Jim Lehrer, and of course, never miss THE DAILY SHOW or THE COLBERT REPORT.

You might consider checking in with all of them as well. It is hard to keep up with all the news. There are so many outlets.

There are so many more people doing so many more things as our population grows and each faction increases in size and wealth and ability to communicate its point of view.

The proliferation of babble (Babel?), jargon, and talk has numbed us to the point where we forget our faith, our Constitution, and sometimes our family and friends. We have only so much attention span and only so much energy to apply to the rush of words . . . my own included.

Even so, I will try, as I have something to say, to give you something to think about.

No comments: