Thursday, April 30, 2009

Other Art Davis Posts

It is my privilege to know Art Davis, the "Ogden Nash of Port Charlotte."

Art has given his permission over the last couple years for me to publish some of his poems. Most of the ones I've posted do not demonstrate his gift of turning words into hilarious twists. I hope he succeeds in gathering his body of work into something that can be published and shared far more widely than my little blog.

But Art's gifts also extend to twists of phrases which leave me breathless because of what words he connects to describe what he sees and feels. He does it in all his poems, the humorous ones and the serious ones.

Here is a list of the dates I posted his poems so that you can go back and enjoy/be moved by his work:

May 24, 2007
August 27, 2007
November 4, 2007
July 13, 2008
April 28, 2009

No comments: