Sunday, October 28, 2007

Theology

I am pleased to share with you the work of others that I like -the work and the others! The following is a poetic essay on The Rev. Dr. Dennis Reedy's personal theology:

I’ve “threatened” believers on both sides of the aisle.

To my conservative brothers & sisters, I say: “You must be born again;” O.K. but that’s the starting point, not the goal.

To my fundamentalist brothers & sisters, I say: “Are you saved?” … yes, and I am being saved every day.

To my liberal brothers & sisters, I say: Show me your faith by your works; and love as Jesus loved.

To my deist brothers & sisters, I say: Yes, God did set the cosmos into its cycles; but God is also involved in the tiny, daily details.

To my modernist brothers & sisters, I say: Yes, Jesus is the example; but more than a moral example, Jesus is the complete image of a man of God, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.

To my holiness brothers & sisters, I say: “Repentance” means turning away from self and toward God; but it’s Grace that saves me, not works.

A friend in Christ has suggested that, in fact, I am really a “CharisFundaConservaLib.”

No comments: