Thursday, May 17, 2007

Robertson may be next?

As a hobby, I write mysteries. My protagonists tend to be members of an adult Sunday School Class. Maybe when I am a good enough writer, those novellas or their successors will be published.

For me, a retired clergy, to become something of a mystery writer is not odd at all. I have enjoyed mysteries first on radio and then on television since the 1940s.

You won't then be surprised that I have a zillion mystery plots behind me. Nor will you be surprised that when I read AMERICAN FASCISTS by Chris Hedges and observed in this blog on May 10 that those at the top of the far right wing will start rubbing out each other in order to take the leadership, I am not astonished that one of them dies.

I do not mean to trivialize the death of a man whose influence has been applauded and/or appalling (depending on your point of view). No one's death goes unnoticed by God any more than a sparrow's. (Iraq and Darfur et al must be driving Him/Her crazy!)

Let's hope the family of Brother Falwell retains the traditional values of burial. If Rev. Robertson should pass away sometime soon, I think someone should do autopsies on both bodies.

No comments: